NEW BUSINESS license request instructions
Complete a Business License Application.
- Return the completed form with the application fee of $50. Checks should be made payable to “Village of Dupo”. Note that this fee will also cover your current year business license fee.
- Have the business owner or officer of the company complete and submit an Illinois State Police background check. For more information, please contact the Illinois State Police directly 618-346-3990 or www.isp.state.il.us
- You are responsible for submitting the background check to the Illinois State Police and for paying their processing fee directly to them. Upon return of your background check results, please submit these to the Dupo Village Hall.
- Your application will be reviewed by Village Board for consideration of a license.
- Once all of the above is completed and board approval is received, you will be issued a Dupo Village Business License valid through the end of the current calendar year. Annually at the end of the calendar year, you will receive an invoice for a business license renewal. The current annual license fee for most businesses is $50.
Failure to obtain and maintain a business license is a violation of village ordinance and could result in a fine and/or forced closure of your business.
Note that other occupancy and property inspections may also be required, per village code.
For questions, please contact the Village Clerk, Mark Nadler.
Voice mail: (618)286-3285